STAAR Test Maker’s item bank features mathematics test items specifically tailored to address all STAAR Readiness and Supporting Standards while aligning with appropriate TEKS. All items have been intensively reviewed for grade-level appropriateness and rigor.
- Extensive item banks for grades 3 through 8, Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II include over 1,000 items each, with over 14,000 total items.
- All items follow STAAR item style and format, so STAAR Test Maker items look like those that appear on the STAAR exam.
- Items are developed with rigor in mind; each item is specifically created to address a STAAR standard precisely. Most items are aligned to Student Process Expectations in accordance with STAAR guidelines.
- Each STAAR-eligible TEKS is well covered in the item bank, with a sufficient number of items to create a complete test for each Expectation.
- Item bank includes both multiple-choice and gridded-response item types, just like the STAAR exam. Gridded-response bubble grids for each grade match the grade-level specifications established by TEA.
- Multiple-choice items are designed for rigor; distractors represent conceptual and calculation errors students are most likely to make. This gives STAAR Test Maker items great diagnostic value for teachers.
- Items feature high-quality graphics that are created by our professional illustrators in conjunction with our team of assessment writers and editors to meet STAAR specifications.
- Item bank includes a distribution of high, moderate, and low Depth of Knowledge (DOK) items similar to what is found on the STAAR exam (over 10,000 total items with moderate or high DOK).
- Items are constructed to avoid bias—scenarios are inclusive across gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion.
- Our dynamic item bank is always improving as we add new items and update our content to meet changing teacher and administrator needs.