Social Studies Test Items
EOC Social Studies Item Sample
STAAR Test Maker’s item bank features Social Studies test items that meet or exceed all of the latest TEKS and STAAR Readiness and Supporting Standards. Social Studies test items are appropriate for their tested grade levels and feature varied levels of difficulty. The Social Studies item bank offers the following features:
- More than 6,500 items covering grades 3 – 8, World Geography, World History, and US History.
- All STAAR Readiness and Supporting Standards for every reporting category are fully covered.
- Each STAAR Expectation is well covered in the item bank, with a sufficient amount of items to create a complete test for each Expectation.
- Hard-to-measure Expectations are comprehensively covered.
- Test items for each reporting category cover a variety of Depth of Knowledge (DOK) levels with an emphasis on rigor and validity (more than 80% of items have a moderate or high DOK).
- Each item is created to address a STAAR-eligible TEKS precisely. Most items are aligned to Process Student Expectations in accordance with STAAR guidelines.
Social Studies Item Features
All reporting categories contain graphics, historical texts, quotes from primary historical documents, and much more to foster student engagement and interest.
Items contain high-quality graphics created by our professional illustrators in conjunction with our team of assessment writers and editors to meet STAAR specifications.
Multiple-choice items follow Texas guidelines and requirements in all grades.
Multiple-choice items are designed for rigor, with distractors representing conceptual errors students are most likely to make, giving STAAR Test Maker items great diagnostic value for teachers.
Items are extensively reviewed to avoid bias — scenarios are inclusive across gender, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion.